Dear Saint Teresa Parishioners,
PSA: Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday at 2am. At this time in our technologically advanced community, most of our clocks change themselves. But for those of you dependent upon a manual clock: remember to turn it back an hour. It’s finally time that we’re reimbursed for the hour that was so barbarously taken from us back in March.
The short of all the things: the Bazaar is coming up. Walk the Little Way was a success. The Month of All Souls is underway. The announcements are much the same this week, but please do take time to go over them once so that you’re not missing anything.
God bless you!
:: CURRENT, NEW, & UPDATED PARISH ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
The Bishop’s Appeal for Vocations update: Our parish’s goal is $25,840. We have collected $23,421.70 so far. Please give generously to support our diocesan seminarians!
Grand Group: This month’s event is an informational tour of the Woman’s Care Center, located right across the street from Planned Parenthood’s abortion facility! Our tour is scheduled for Friday, November 19th. We will meet in the church parking lot at 1:30 to carpool to the Center and our tour will start at 2:00. Afterwards we’ll enjoy pie, coffee and conversation at Stauffer’s. Because the Care Center would like to know the number attending, please RSVP to Phyllis (402-488-9177) by Wednesday November 17th.
Trivia Night Returns!
Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 7pm at Pius X High School.
Mark your calendars!
Registration will begin in late December.
Please pray for the repose of the souls of Sylvia Ratkovec, great-aunt of Fr. Hottovy, and Mark Goodwin, brother of Fr. Goodwin.
Seminarian of the Week: Peter Foley is the son of Mike & Susan Foley of St. Peter Parish in Lincoln. He is studying College 4 at St. Gregory the Great. Remember to pray for Peter and for his formation.
The Bishop’s Appeal for Vocations is well underway! Our parish’s goal is $25,840. We have collected $23,421.70 so far. Please give generously to support our diocesan seminarians!
The CSS Food Market Truck will be at the school on Tue, Nov 9th from 3-4pm. All are welcome to pick up a bag of food items for their family.
Parish Giving/Collections: through Oct 31, 2021, we have collected $344,431.59. Our budget calls for $397,800. This yields a deficit of $53,368.41. Please be generous in your tithing.
CORRECTION & UPDATE | Prodigal Prayer Partners
The information listed in last week’s bulletin for PPP was correct BUT I accidentally put the rosary on every Thursday on the November Calendar rather than the first Thursday (only). The rosary for this intention will be said only on the FIRST THURSDAY of each month.
Prodigal Prayer Partners
- Many of us have been praying for our loved ones: friends, relatives, or even our own children who are no longer practicing the Faith. Our prayers become more powerful when prayed with others.
- A rosary will be offered at 7pm on the first Thursday of every month before the Blessed Sacrament. Each month’s First Friday 6:30am Mass will be offered for the return to the Faith of our loved ones (the Mass Intention shall be read as “Fallen Away Catholics”).
- Please mark your calendar and join us!
Walk the Little Way has met exceeded its goal!
That said, it’s never too late to donate; our school benefits from every dollar offered. Many thanks to all of the donors and volunteers who made this possible. More specific updates will be given soon.
Would you like to learn more about the Catholic Faith?
- Classes are from 7:30-9pm on Thursdays in the Marian Room.
- Anyone is welcome to join—for one class or for all classes. If the topic piques your interest, come to that class! Don’t worry: there aren’t quizzes, tests, or grades.
- This Week’s Topic: The Paschal Mystery
The Mystery of Jesus’s Death and Resurrection
Through Jesus’s death on the cross, God reveals himself most profoundly as the God who is love. Christ’s sacrificial love saves us from sin and shows us the pathway to true human happiness. We are made to live like Christ, in total, self-giving love.
The Thrift Store brought in $3203 last weekend, and $3627 from the Christmas Boutique.
- Thanks to the Men’s Club for transporting the many totes to and from the KC Hall. Thanks to all volunteers who helped unpack, set up, cashier & bag, and clean up!
- Hours for business: Fridays 4-8 and Saturdays 9-3 Please donate during business hours.
November is the Month of All Souls | UPDATE
- Intentions for All Souls have been placed on the altar and will be remembered at Masses during November. If you wish to add intentions, please write them down and turn them into the office; they will be added to the intentions on the altar.
- You may also write the names of the beloved dead in the parish Book of the Names of the Dead found on a podium near the baptismal font.
- Plenary Indulgence Guidelines for November 2021: In order to avoid crowds coming together and to allow participation for those staying at home, changes have been made to how one might receive a Plenary Indulgence in November 2021.
- These three conditions are the same: one must make a confession, receive communion, and pray for the Holy Father’s Intentions.
- Throughout the month of Nov (the days are not limited this year), one should visit a cemetery and pray for the dead OR visit a church and recite an Our Father and the Creed there. Again, these things may be done at any time during November.
- Lastly, the elderly, the sick, and all those who, for serious reasons, cannot leave their homes, will be able to obtain the Plenary Indulgence as they join spiritually with the Faithful, completely detached from sin and with the intention of complying as soon as possible with the three usual conditions (confession, communion, and praying for the Holy Father’s intentions) before an image of Jesus or Mary, recite prayers for the deceased (a rosary or chaplet, for example), or perform a work of mercy by offering to God the sorrows and hardships of their own lives.
:: REPEAT PARISH ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
St. Teresa Parish Bazaar
- Sunday, Nov 14, 2021 | 11:30am until 3:30pm
Come enjoy an afternoon of faith, fun, and fellowship!
- We are still looking for volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down, and run BINGO. Please contact Rosie Ruhl or Nicole Linton to sign up or CLICK HERE. Set-up will start at 4pm on Friday, Nov 12th.
- Raffle Tickets: Turn in your raffle tickets and money by Sun Nov 7th to be eligible for the Early Bird Drawing. Ticket stubs and payments can be put into the collection baskets or dropped off at the rectory. Cash Prizes: $1000, $750, $500, $200, and $100The Raffle Drawing is at 3:15pm, but you don’t need to be present to win.
- Booths: Jewelry, Handmade Crafts, and Desserts
Donated items can be brought to the rectory. Altar Society workers received sign-up links via e-mail from their circle leaders.
- Silent Auction: Event Tickets, Gift Baskets, Gift Cards, & More!
- Games: BINGO, Cake Walk, Pop Ring Toss, & more
- Children’s Games will be in the Cafeteria.
Worker-sign-ups for children’s games were e-mailed to school parents.
Adult-workers received e-mails from their Altar Society Circle Leaders.
- Chicken & Pork Loin Dinner
Includes Vegetable, Salad Bar, Roll, Dessert, & Drink
11am-2pm in Kaczmarek Hall | Takeout is available
Adults: $15 each | Kids 5-12: $8 each | (Kids 4 & under are free.)
Third “Last” Call: Walk the Little Way is St. Teresa School's annual fundraiser in which we ask our broader community (friends, relatives, neighbors) to support our school. This year, our goal was to raise $45,000 and we’ve exceeded that goal! The fundraiser will support repairs and replacements to our playground surface and equipment. Anything above will go to the THRIVE tuition assistance funds.
- Donations are still being accepted.
- Donations may be made in cash, check, or at: https://givebutter.com/WTLW21
- Help us spread the word!
- View and share WTLW promotional videos HERE (School Song) HERE (Feast Day Video) and HERE (KA Class).
Altar Society Prayer Line
An Altar Society Prayer Line has been established to lift up our prayers to God as a parish community. Leva Orationes Deo is Latin for lift up prayers to God. Requests can be made by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling (the first caller on the list) Mary Pat McBride at 402-314-1296. All intentions will be sent by e-mail to the Altar Society e-mail list. If you want to participate in the phone prayer line, please contact Mary Pat.
:: NEW DIOCESE-wide ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
Catholic Social Services of southern Nebraska has two full-time openings: Senior Case Manager & Match Grant Employment Specialist and Housing Coordinator/Support Specialist. Job descriptions and instructions for application are available at www.csshope.org.
MAGNIFICAT PRAYER MEAL - Proclaiming Christ as King! Saturday, November 13, 9:30 a.m. Hillcrest Country Club, 9401 East O Street, with Speaker Jenny Hall. "So, humble yourself under the Mighty Hand of God that He may exalt you in due time. Cast your worries upon Him because He cares for you." (1 Pt 5:6-7) Jenny's heart is on FIRE with the Holy Spirit's Love! Jenny looks to the Saints for guidance and intercession as many times her life feels like a holy train wreck! She is the Artist for Ablaze and will bring items to sell. Father Voithofer will lead Prayer, Praise and Worship! You won't want to miss this morning of Joy, Love and fellowship Praising Our Lord! Invite a friend or relative to join you! Register today by sending a $25 check payable to Magnificat c/o Tina Colgan, 521 N 56 ST, Lincoln, NE 68504. (students $10) Deadline is Thursday, November 4, no walk-ins. For information text Rhonda Litt at 402-525-6396 or leave a message at 402-489-3819.
The Chancery Offices are seeking a full-time Maintenance Associate. The role requires general maintenance duties and custodial functions for multiple commercial and residential properties. Must have prior maintenance experience and be available for on-call rotation.
Please contact Marsha Bartek to obtain an application. Marshafirstname.lastname@example.org, 402-904-8052, 3400 Sheridan Boulevard, Lincoln, NE 68506. The deadline for filing applications is October 17, 2021.
:: REPEAT DIOCESE-wide ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
November 19, 2021, Trivia Night - returns to Blessed Sacrament on Fri., Nov. 19th. We will follow all mask mandates in place at that time. In addition, we will limit the number of tables sold to 20, with 8 players per table. Tables are $160. Get your reservation now by contacting email@example.com.
MOTHER/DAUGHTER PROGRAM “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made” for girls age 9-13 and their mothers will be held Sunday, November 21st, 2021 from 1:00-4:00 pm at John XXIII Diocesan Center and virtually. This program is designed to educate girls on growing up and becoming a woman. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $25 per mother/daughter or $35 per family in person and $10 virtually. To register, visit https://lincolndiocese.regfox.com/motherdaughter Questions, please call Jen Davis at 402-261-6375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creighton Model FertilityCare System Creighton Model is a women's health science that allows users to learn more about their fertility and in conjunction with NaProTECHNOLOGY treat many reproductive disorders. Introductory sessions are available in person or online. For more information or to register, visit, https://lincolndiocese.regfox.com/creighton-introductory-session