Dear Saint Teresa Parishioners,
Thanks for taking the time to look over the announcements. Please pay particular attention to information and requests for help with the Bazaar (it’s in red). There’s a gorgeous insert in this week’s printed bulletin made to be shared with family and friends. Donations are still being accepted for the school’s Walk the Little Way fundraiser, and we’re almost to our goal (that announcement is in red too). It’s almost November, and so announcements are included for All Souls Remembrances. And so on.
Bring your trick-or-treaters by the Convent and the Rectory between 6:30 and 8pm on Sunday.
Having suffered a weekend without Husker Football, we’re all geared up and ready to cheer during tomorrow’s game against Purdue. Have you noticed--even the city’s trees have donned red and are ready for the game! Go Big Red!
God bless you!
:: CURRENT, NEW, & UPDATED PARISH ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
Trick-or-Treaters are welcome from 6:30-8:00pm at the Rectory and Convent.
All Saints Day is November 1st and is normally a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics. This year it falls on a Monday and because of that, we are not obligated to attend Holy Mass. That said, we are encouraged to attend All Saints Day Mass! Masses are at 6:30am, 8:15am, and 6:30pm on Mon, Nov 1st.
Altar Society Meeting | November 3
Meet in church at 7pm for rosary, then to Kaczmarek Hall for meeting. All women of the parish are automatically members of the Altar Society and are each assigned to one of five circles. If you are unsure to which circle you belong, call or e-mail Aubrey to find out.
For This Child We Have Prayed
St. Teresa Women’s Event Committee is sponsoring a presentation given by Sarah Kroner, RN, director of the Women’s Care Center of Lincoln.
Reception & Fellowship to follow
Bring a friend and join us Thu, Nov 4th at 7:00pm in Kaczmarek Hall.
Prodigal Prayer Partners
Many of us have been praying for our loved ones: friends, relatives, or even our own children who are no longer practicing the Faith. Our prayers become more powerful when prayed with others.
Beginning THIS THURSDAY, Nov 4th, a rosary will be offered at 7pm on the first Thursday of every month before the Blessed Sacrament. Beginning Fri, Nov 5th, each month’s First Friday 6:30am Mass will be offered for the return to the Faith of our loved ones (shall read “Fallen Away Catholics”). Please mark your calendar and join us!
Have you noticed the new chimes and hymns played from our bell tower? Many Thanks to the Altar Society for generously donating so that our bell system fully functions again!
Thank you, Men’s Club Volunteers, who have worked tirelessly on several painting projects including the exterior porch of the convent, all of the window and door trim on the rental house, and for painting the rectory garage!
Seminarian of the Week: Louden Redinger is the son of Brian & Kelleen Redinger of Sacred Heart Parish in Kenesaw. He is studying Theology 3 at St. Charles Borromeo. Remember to pray for Louden and for his formation.
The Bishop’s Appeal for Vocations is well underway! Our parish’s goal is $25,840. We have collected $22,121.70 so far. Please give generously to support our diocesan seminarians!
Would you like to learn more about the Catholic Faith?
RCIA classes have begun. Classes are from 7:30-9pm on Thursdays in the Marian Room.
Anyone is welcome to join—for one class or for all classes. If the topic piques your interest, come to that class! Don’t worry: there aren’t quizzes, tests, or grades.
This Week’s Topic: Who is Jesus?
Just a good Man or Lord of Our Lives?
Jesus is more than a good teacher or a good example. He claimed to be God. And that claim challenges all of us to make an important choice—will we accept Jesus as Lord of our lives?
NOVEMBER IS THE MONTH OF ALL SOULS
- Those who wish for their departed loved ones to be remembered at Masses during the month of November should write the names on the special envelopes (from the packet) which will be kept on the altar during November. Monetary offerings included in the envelopes will be used for Masses for the Faithful Departed.
- On All Souls Day there will be white votive candles in the sanctuary. Come light a candle for your departed loved ones and write down their name(s), place in the glass vessels, and make a donation for the candles.
- You may also write the names of the beloved dead in the parish Book of the Names of the Dead found in the sanctuary on a podium.
- Plenary Indulgence Guidelines for November 2021
In order to avoid crowds coming together and to allow participation for those staying at home, changes have been made to how one might receive a Plenary Indulgence in November 2021.
- These three conditions are the same: one must make a confession, receive communion, and pray for the Holy Father’s Intentions.
- Throughout the month of Nov (the days are not limited this year), one should visit a cemetery and pray for the dead OR visit a church and recite an Our Father and the Creed there. Again, these things may be done at any time during November.
- Lastly, the elderly, the sick, and all those who, for serious reasons, cannot leave their homes, will be able to obtain the Plenary Indulgence as they join spiritually with the Faithful, completely detached from sin and with the intention of complying as soon as possible with the three usual conditions (confession, communion, and praying for the Holy Father’s intentions) before an image of Jesus or Mary, recite prayers for the deceased (a rosary or chaplet, for example), or perform a work of mercy by offering to God the sorrows and hardships of their own lives.
St. Teresa Parish Bazaar
Sunday, Nov 14, 2021
11:30am until 3:30pm
Come enjoy an afternoon of faith, fun, and fellowship!
See the printed flyer for details—be sure to invite family & friends by sharing the flyer with them. It’s a great way to welcome non-parishioners to our parish community and to make our Bazaar a success!
We are still looking for volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down, and run BINGO. Please contact Rosie Ruhl or Nicole Linton to sign up or CLICK HERE. Set-up will start at 4pm on Friday, Nov 12th.
Turn in your raffle tickets and money by Sun Nov 7th to be eligible for the Early Bird Drawing. Ticket stubs and payments can be put into the collection baskets or dropped off at the rectory.
Cash Prizes: $1000, $750, $500, $200, and $100
The Raffle Drawing is at 3:15pm, but you don’t need to be present to win.
Booths: Jewelry, Handmade Crafts, and Desserts
Donated items can be brought to the rectory. Altar Society workers received sign-up links via e-mail from their circle leaders.
Silent Auction: Event Tickets, Gift Baskets, Gift Cards, & More!
Games: BINGO, Cake Walk, Pop Ring Toss, & more
Children’s Games will be in the Cafeteria.
Worker-sign-ups for children’s games were e-mailed to school parents.
Adult-workers received e-mails from their Altar Society Circle Leaders.
Chicken & Pork Loin Dinner
Includes Vegetable, Salad Bar, Roll, Dessert, & Drink
11am-2pm in Kaczmarek Hall | Takeout is available
Adults: $15 each | Kids 5-12: $8 each | (Kids 4 & under are free.)
Second “Last” Call: Walk the Little Way is St. Teresa School's annual fundraiser in which we ask our broader community (friends, relatives, neighbors) to support our school. This year, our goal is to raise $45,000 and we’re nearly there ($40,912) The fundraiser will support repairs and replacements to our playground surface and equipment. Anything above will go to the THRIVE tuition assistance funds.
- Donations are still being accepted.
- Donations may be made in cash, check, or at: https://givebutter.com/WTLW21
- Help us spread the word!
- View and share WTLW promotional videos HERE (School Song) HERE (Feast Day Video) and HERE (KA Class).
:: REPEAT PARISH ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
WORLD MISSION MONTH
St. Teresa Parish Missionary Cooperative Projects for 2021
- Mission Sisters Create Jobs in Rural Nigeria: The people in this community have suffered as a result of COVID and need to be fed and helped back toward self-sufficiency.
- Construction of Church in Jhumra Parish, Pakistan: There is a great need to build a church to replace their currently-collapsing structure. Poverty prevents them from funding it themselves.
- Southern Indian Flood Relief: Floods have taken lives and devastated this community. We can contribute toward its relief.
How to donate:
- Visit www.missio.org OR
- Donate to today’s second collection OR
- Put a check or cash into an envelope marked, “Mission Coop” and put it into any collection or into the dropbox at the rectory.
Altar Society Prayer Line
An Altar Society Prayer Line has been established to lift up our prayers to God as a parish community. Leva Orationes Deo is Latin for lift up prayers to God. Requests can be made by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling (the first caller on the list) Mary Pat McBride at 402-314-1296. All intentions will be sent by e-mail to the Altar Society e-mail list. If you want to participate in the phone prayer line, please contact Mary Pat.
:: NEW DIOCESE-wide ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
:: REPEAT DIOCESE-wide ANNOUNCEMENTS ::
St. Michael’s Church in Lincoln is sponsoring the Men on Fire Conference on Saturday, October 30 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Presented by Bart Schuchts of Churchonfire.live, this conference will help men to live the life that God intended for them. “Become who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire!” St. Catherine of Sienna. Cost is $50. For more information or to register, go to www.osvhub.com/stmichaellincoln/forms/men-on-fire-conference .
MARRIAGE ENCOUNTER WEEKEND
IN HASTINGS Nov. 5--7
'Finding a renewed couple-communication
and heartfelt love between us'.
Call right away to secure a place!
Contact couple Pat & Janelle Benson
Pat 308-940-0670 Janelle 308-940-1105
November 19, 2021, Trivia Night - returns to Blessed Sacrament on Fri., Nov. 19th. We will follow all mask mandates in place at that time. In addition, we will limit the number of tables sold to 20, with 8 players per table. Tables are $160. Get your reservation now by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOTHER/DAUGHTER PROGRAM “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made” for girls age 9-13 and their mothers will be held Sunday, November 21st, 2021 from 1:00-4:00 pm at John XXIII Diocesan Center and virtually. This program is designed to educate girls on growing up and becoming a woman. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $25 per mother/daughter or $35 per family in person and $10 virtually. To register, visit https://lincolndiocese.regfox.com/motherdaughter Questions, please call Jen Davis at 402-261-6375 or email email@example.com
Creighton Model FertilityCare System Creighton Model is a women's health science that allows users to learn more about their fertility and in conjunction with NaProTECHNOLOGY treat many reproductive disorders. Introductory sessions are available in person or online. For more information or to register, visit, https://lincolndiocese.regfox.com/creighton-introductory-session